This notice is primarily for European, members of the EU users of this website to comply with GDPR regulations. If you are not an EU user, you do not need to read further.
It applies to website; www.miltmays.com owned by Milt Mays and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how I control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“I” or “The website” refers to Milt Mays
“you”, “the user” refers to the user of the website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR, I control and process personal information about you electronically.
I am exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because I only use your data for personal business marketing, i.e. email.
Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason I use this basis: You gave me consent to use your data when you bought or negotiated to get a free book from my website.
- I process your information in the following ways: To send you a book and keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
- Data retention period: I will continue to process your information until…you either opt out, or I stop being an author.
- Sharing your information: I do share your information with Mailchimp for marketing of my books only.
Lawful basis: Legal obligation
- The reason I use this basis: to market my books and pay my taxes correctly.
- I process your information in the following ways: I must maintain a list of clients with name, address, and purchases for tax inspections in line with U.S. policy.
- Data retention period: Six years
- Sharing your information: I do share your personal information with Mailchimp, Google.
- If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which I process your personal information changes, I will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. I shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Data security and protection
I ensure the security of any personal information I hold by using secure data storage technologies provided by your Web Hosting Hub in how I store, access and manage that information.
I use these companies to manage data…Mailchimp, Google Analytics.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Currently my website does not contain adverts or sponsored or affiliate links on some pages. If it ever does, you do not have to click on these sites. If you do, you are subject to their privacy rules.
If you have any concerns about this I suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links if found on the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR I use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. I only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages I send are done so through Mailchimp.
Subscription time & date
[list other data that is stored]]
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data I hold for you, or request I remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATED MAY 2018